Thursday, October 8

Showmanship

The most important thing you need to have in a routine is a sense of performance.


It is so important that without it, even if you were to execute a difficult and impressive routine cleanly, you will still be missing that X-factor. But if you execute an average and maybe even slightly less-than-perfect routine with confidence and a sense of performance, your team will be the one that leaves the strongest impression upon the audience :)


When you perform a routine, it is not just about knowing your part and just performing them with that concentrated look on your face that has you staring at the floor throughout the whole routine. (dear less experienced members of The Rebels, do take note of this :] )


No. It is about performance, as well. Make eye contact with your audience to let them see how confident you are. Engage the crowd. Tell them to or make them go WILD at your performance. Perform. Chest out. Head high. Wear a look on your face that says, "Yeah, come on! Watch this! We're gonna rock your socks off!"


No room for shyness. You're on stage/mat! These are the only times you get to be cockily confident and not be hated for it :p Your chance to be flirtatious and be someone entirely different!


The exhilaration of performing and hearing the crowd scream for you. There is no drug which can substitute that satisfaction. Off stage, you can be incredibly timid. But on stage, you are in a different world. Take me for example, I dare not let go of myself and enjoy dancing freely on a dance floor at social events/places. Honest to goodness, I have friends who can testify that they have had to drag me onto the dance floor and even then I just stood there superbly shy and scared :p But they can also tell you that I am totally different when I am performing. Heck, I get so enthusiastic that I may just be actually scaring the crowd with my ferocity/intensity (which, of course, I do not recommend you to do) :p


It is not just about doing a routine. It is about performing ;)


So get your butts onto the mat and wow the crowd, Rebels. Show them that we are bloody good and that we are darn proud of it!


Bytheway,.... having a fixed grin on your face is not the same as a genuine proud smile.

No comments: